Saturday, June 26, 2010

There is more to Technology than knowing how to use it!

SOS Saturday and the student Help Desk in the computer lab is closed. I need to learn how to do this stuff myself so that I am not stranded in the classroom. Do elementary schools have IT guys?
Thursday I received assistance on downloading programs-- Friday, after Help Desk hours - my computer crashed. This is something new for it. I researched online, on a borrowed computer and it was suggested that sometimes new software downloads can do this ~Who knew. When it gets up and running I 'll take the smart board download off

Dixie's website says the help desk is open on Saturdays ~ must not be updated with summer hours-- I need to wait until Monday at 9:00-- we have class online from 7-9--I am going to try a dry run for this different computer-- can I do this without Dr. Davis being in the class room -- we'll see if I can do a check solo.

I have been looking forward to doing my photo story homework. Downloading the software to this borrowed computer resulted in the same loop as it did on my computer Thursday. However, this time the help desk is not available to pull it out --I must be patient until Monday
The computers owner just asked me not to crash their computer-- perhaps borrowing is not the best idea!
Roll on Monday!