Monday, July 19, 2010

Podcasting


I  often share NASAcast ~  My favorite podcast ~ NASA sends a video teaching and showing what to look for in the sky for the month! I have always loved Astronomy-- what I would have given to have this podcast as a child! (~Okay I was still impressed by color television and three channels.)  It will be fun to share Astronomy in this way in the classroom. Show the students what to look for and have the podcast on the classroom website so that parents can participate with their child. Astronomy is a fun family hobby.

To branch out from science and the news, I added some Literature-- keep myself rounded, I have enjoyed the Poem of the Day Podcast. It is Enriching.

I have enjoyed my subscription to Teacher Podcasts, 60 second science podcast and several current News broadcasts.  Like RSS feeds they update themselves which is such a plus in this hectic world to not have to think to go update and see what the latest is-- it comes to me.